Last March 13, I attended a special cooking class in Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila. Guest Chef Pradipta Bayu Primpaputra of Hotel Pullman in Jakarta taught the participants on how to prepare traditional Indonesian dishes. This cooking class is also a part of the week-long highlight on Flavors of the World Series: Wonderful Indonesia at Sofitel. You can read more about it here --- Sofitel Manila's Wonderful Indonesia.
There's only a handful of participants which was really ideal since we were all able to listen well to what Chef Pradipta was saying. Then we also got to make our own satay marinade, etc. It was pretty exciting and we were really excited to eat what we prepared. The downside though was that after all the cooking preparation, you will end up smelling like food. Best to wear comfy clothes and shoes. We were also given an apron and a chef's toque, and a certificate. Yey!
1-2 tbs Salt
1 tbs Pepper
5 tbs Soya Sauce
1 pinch Coriander Seed
1. Cut the chicken into small cubes.
2. Marinate chicken with soya sauce and coriander seeds.
3. Place chicken in barbeque sticks.
4. Grill the chicken.
5. Serve with peanut sauce.
*** you can mix peanut with cashews nuts for a creamier texture
Yield: 10 pax
1/4 kilo Rice
2 pcs Eggs
1 clove Garlic
1/4 Chicken Breast
1/2 cup Sweet Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Chicken stock to taste
1 stick Leeks
1. Cut the chicken into cubes then set aside.
2. Chop garlic into small pieces.
3. Mix the egg.
4. Chop the leeks.
5. Sautee garlic, chicken, then add shrimp paste and chili.
6. Add the egg, rice, sweet soy sauce, and seasoning.
7. Continue cooking until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
8. Serve on a platter.
the kitchen goddess