Yes Pho

Yes Pho is my gem-find during our recent trip to the City of Pines. We were supposed to eat pizza at one of the restaurants in Mile Hi Center in Camp John Hay but couldn't find the resto so hubby and daughter opted to eat tapsi while I scouted the area for some interesting food finds.


Then I saw this small Vietnamese resto and I am immediately drawn to that bowl of Pho which is really perfect for the cool Baguio weather. I was also tempted to try out the spring rolls (I love Vietnamese spring rolls) but didn't order it since I am not that hungry. Now I feel bad for not ordering the spring rolls and you'll find out why.


Yes Pho is not a fast food place and I think my waiting time was around 15 minutes. I was taking pictures the whole time and since I am not that hungry, I didn't really mind waiting for my Pho Bo.


I opted to get the regular Pho Bo bowl because I feel like I am not going to finish all of it. Here are some of Yes Pho's menu. I was looking for Bahn Mi, but they also have the Bahn Mi Kem (ice-cream sandwich version).


Here's my Pho Bo (Beef Noodle Soup), P159. The serving looks "konti" but believe me, its not. The soup tastes very refreshing and light, and I love how how the various herbs adds to that taste- none of that flavor extenders. You'll be disappointed too if you think that the soup will taste like beef because its not. So far, this is one of the best tasting and authentic Pho Bo I've tasted. Now I feel bad for not ordering the spring rolls and the Vietnamese coffee!


Here is Peter a.k.a. Duy Trinh. I didn't realize that he is a Vietnamese until after I heard him speak Tag-lish with an accent. And he does say "pho" or "pho" a lot. Similar to Filipinos, Vietnamese are very polite people.




So if you are visiting Baguio and feel you need a bowl of warm soup, do visit Yes Pho at the Mile Hi Center for that warm and refreshing bowl of Pho Bo.



*** the kitchen goddess ate at Yes Pho ***

Yes Pho moved to a new location ---


Yes Pho
S Bldg., Upper Session Road
Engineer's Hill, Baguio City
*** beside Narda's