Afternoon Tea at Marco Polo Ortigas' Connect Lounge

I love having tea, so when I got invited by a friend to sample the Afternoon Tea of Marco Polo Ortigas' Connect Lounge, I didn't think twice about it. I mean afternoon tea is not just having tea but it also involve some scones (I love scones and clotted cream!), sandwiches, and cakes.


Here's what we got: 2 scones with a choice of cream or strawberry jam. I am not overly fond of strawberries but I love to spread it on the scone with cream. So good! Then there's the four slices of flavored baguette with cold cuts and cheese. You can customize it from the bar- choice of parsley, tomato, squid ink, potato, and plain baguette; and ham, salami, smoked salmon, shrimp, or gravlax. Then they'll add some greens and cheese. The bottom plate has several slices of pastries and two sausage rolls.


We had everything on the table along with our tea and coffee. Tea choices are: vanilla, black tea, green tea, and peppermint. You can request for another round of tea or coffee. The Afternoon Tea also include two sorbet lollipops- mango and strawberry (or was it raspberry flavor?).


We weren't expecting anything more since the choices on that three-tiered server already filled us up but we were served these chocolate lava cups with a choice of vanilla or chocolate sauce. OMG. How can one not resist? I had mine with vanilla, yummy!


Marco Polo Ortigas' Afternoon Tea is only P788 nett, good for two pax. It is available at the Connect Lounge on the 24th floor and has a nice view of the Ortigas villages and Antipolo. Aside from the nice ambiance while you sip your tea or coffee, guests can also opt to upgrade their drinks to smoothies, iced tea, cocktail of the day, or even champagne. The Afternoon Tea is available daily from 2pm-6pm.


I really enjoyed my Afternoon Tea at Connect Lounge that I had another round the following day (err, night) with my hubby and friend. It was almost 6pm when we had our tea but we all had a blast watching the Ortigas Avenue traffic and the evening lights. And since I just came from a food tasting, I was just happy that with a scone and a baguette. Afterwards, dinner awaits us at Cucina, the buffet restaurant of Marco Polo Ortigas, also on the 24th floor. But that's another tale. ;)


And here's a photo of us. Cheers!




*** all photos taken using OPPO F1s

the kitchen goddess