NEW RESTO ALERT: Mian At Marriott Grand Ballroom

I didn't know that there are restaurants inside the Marriott Grand Ballroom so when I received an invitation to check it out, my tummy happily agreed for me.


Mian is located at the back of the Grand Ballroom's concierge. I love how elegant the bamboo poles look against the interior of the restaurant.


The tables are arranged to fit only two diners comfortably but if there's three or more diners, the staff will gladly arrange the tables so that everyone can dine in together.


So here's what we ate: for starters, we had the pork jiaozi and sausage empanada.

Pork Jiaozi, P150. These are baked dumplings. It has a generous meat-filling that tastes good. Simply add some of that minced spicy mushroom and you're all set.


Sausage Empanada, P195. Another baked goodie. I'm not really fond of empanadas but this one's okay. I love the texture of the dough because its not crumbly and no need to add vinegar because it destroys the flavor of the filling.


Stir Fried Clam Noodles, P395. I love noodles and I love seafood so I happily chose this dish. Its has the right spiciness that tickles the palate although chili sauce is available for those who prefer a spicier version.


Yummy clams! This is a very filling dish and I'd like to give this my thumbs up but the noodle itself is somewhat oily. Other than that, I'd recommend this dish.


Chef's Beef Noodles, P395. I'm a fan of "pho," the Vietnamese noodle soup so I was excited to order this. Also, I love beef. I was not disappointed because the broth is flavorful and has the right balance of herbs and spices. Really refreshing and warms up the tummy. The beef is very tender and everything is delicious. However, the noodle itself is a bit undercooked. I prefer my rice "noodle" soft. Luckily, there's a generous amount of beef and that made me happy.


Beef Caldereta Rice Bowl, P395. This is really a good caldereta dish. Like the beef noodle soup, the beef here is also very tender, and the potatoes and carrots are nicely cooked. The sauce is rich but doesn't have that cloying texture when the dish turns cold. Also noteworthy is the absence of beef fat on the sauce and on the beef itself. Thumbs up!


Shrimp, Pork & Vegetable Lomi Soup, P275. Doesn't really look delicious and I almost skipped this noodle soup. It turns out, this is the best dish for me at Mian. I was literally blown away by how delicious the soup was, all the flavors are in harmony with each other. The egg is also lightly poached so you can mix it with the broth for added creaminess. Two thumbs up!


Halo-Halo, P220. A really humongous serving of halo-halo. Good for 4-6 pax.







the kitchen goddess