NEW RESTO ALERT: 49B Heirloom Kitchen

I've been raving about this lengua from another resto but 49B Heirloom Kitchen's lengua made me forget about all the other lenguas I've tasted. Nothing comes close to this lengua ... and mashed potato instead of rice? Ang sarap!

The lengua (ox tongue) was so tender you need not chew anymore. The downside- it will make you crave for rice *sigh*


49B Heirloom Kitchen is a relatively new restaurant along Scout Tobias. And most of the dishes that they serve are "heirloom" recipes, hence, the name of the restaurant. The place used to be an old apartment unit which they converted into a restaurant. I love the homey interiors because its very welcoming.



Paella. Another classic favorite that's bursting with flavor and intoxicating aroma. I miss rice!


Squash Flower Fritters. I thought this is the usual "kalabasa" flower fritters but was pleasantly surprised when it was oozing with cheese when I bit into it. It would have been nice if the marinara dip is a bit spicier.


Sinigang na Lechon. A fusion of two favorites- sinigang and lechon. I love how the salty lechon blends perfectly with the hot and sour sinigang. Serving is good for 2-3 pax.


Bacalao, or salted cod fish.


Bananas with ice cream. A classier version of turon sans the oily wrapper. Must-try dessert at 49B Heirloom Kitchen. No sharing!


So I thought I'm in love with the banana and ice cream but they serve us these cookies that came straight out of the oven. Ordering these cookies takes about 15 minutes since they serve it newly baked. Perfect with a glass of milk. Actually, you can order milk at 49B Heirloom Kitchen because I saw it listed on the menu. Perfect!