CHOPS Chicago Steakhouse

There are a lot of "steak" restaurants around Metro Manila but only a few can really claim that they are indeed a "steakhouse." CHOPS Chicago Steakhouse branch in the East Wing of Shangri-La Plaza is still a relatively new restaurant. However, this is already the second branch, the first one is located in Greenbelt 5.


CHOPS Chicago Steakhouse has a lovely and classy interiors. The place is not only ideal for dining but for meetings also as well as intimate gatherings. 



They also serve wine and other alcoholic drinks, and coffee. 


Complimentary focaccia bread. Something to munch on while waiting for your order. You can also ask for another serving of bread if you have a healthy appetite. It comes with butter instead of olive oil.


Ceasar Salad, P295. I like that the lettuce are crunchy even if the dressing is already poured on the salad. The amount of bacon is just right and not salty also. Perfect! Serving portion is also good for sharing. 


Lucky Luciano, P375. Now this is heaven! I forgot to ask why its called Lucky Luciano but this dish is a delicious layer of lasagna and beefy-goodness. Serving portion is good for sharing also. But then again, if you love lasagna like me, then you won't regret finishing the whole plate .. err, serving. ;)


Smoked Bacon & Broccoli, P180. So I stopped eating rice almost a year ago today but this dish is so delicious that it made me think of rice. The meat is very tender, no need to chew actually, and it has some spicy-garlicky sauce that is just perfect with the meat. The broccoli makes the dish healthy. If you drink wine, I suggest that you pair this dish with a glass of red wine. Magnifico! 


Truffle Mac n Cheese, P180. I did say that I like Lucky Luciano but upon first bite, the Truffle Mac n Cheese already stole my heart. I also love the fact that the cheese sauce didn't dry out as compared with the other mac n cheese that I've had before. And like the other dishes, the serving portion is good for sharing. Really, and it costs only P180! 


CAB Rib Eye, 1,250. CAB stands for Certified Beef Angus- yum! Who doesn't love steak? Hefty size also. Best eaten as soon as it lands on your table though. Skip taking photos because once it cools down, the meat is apt to get tough. 


Dark Chocolate Cigars, P290. I was torn between this and the Root Beer Cake but I'm glad that my lunch buddies insisted on getting this as well. Think barquillos coated with dark chocolate and filled with cream inside and served super cold. So good! 


Root Beer Cake, P215. I find this dessert interesting. Its like a lava cake with root beer and tons of cream. A bit on the sweet side though but tastes great. I'm happy that it comes with a piece of chocolate cigar. :D







CHOPS
Chicago Steakhouse 
4L East Wing
Shangri-La Plaza
Mandaluyong City