FOOD FINDS: Dried Mango Chocolate

These lovelies came all the way from Cebu and lovingly hand-carried by a friend who indulges my foodie cravings. Actually, she is also a foodie-at-heart so she knows what its like to be on the lookout for new food products, delicacies, restaurants, etc. And since Cebu is known for its dried mangoes, there's a new craze in town and these are the chocolate covered dried mangoes. My friend got these from the airport before flying to Manila. Thanks much!


Philippine Brand's Mango Chocolate, P300. A box contains 12 pcs of chocolate covered mangoes in individual packs. I just find this lacking in chocolate since it is only the middle part of the mango that is covered with chocolate. Also, the dried mango is a bit sour. I like it sweet. I also think that the box is too big for the 12 packs because I did get disappointed when I opened it thinking that there's a lot of chocolate mangoes inside or maybe big slices of dried mangoes covered in luscious chocolate.  By the way, my box has only 11 pcs of the mango chocolate. :(



Cebu Best' Mango Chocolate, P600. This is expensive than the other one because it boasts of Belgian chocolate. I love the no-nonsense individual packs and the elegant packaging. But then, at P600, I think I am entitled to receive a fancy box of chocolates. Upon opening one, you won't see the mango because it is really coated generously with chocolate. The taste is more chocolate than mango but you can definitely chew the mango except that the rich Belgian chocolate overpowers the mango. This I like except for the price! Hahaha.