BOOK REVIEW: The Carrie Diaries

Because I've been too focused on koreanovelas lately that I've been neglecting my other passion- which is reading. Luckily, a friend gave my daughter a copy of The Carrie Diaries. But my maternal instinct warned me to read the book first just in case the story is full of teenager angst and some girl and boy thing that is not yet appropriate for pre-teeners. Glad that I read it and banned daughter from reading the book until maybe she is 16 years old. Hahaha

On the other hand, I did enjoy the book. I find it fun and compared to the Clash of Kings which I started reading last February and still haven't finished reading up to now. :P Also, I love Sex And The City Series so falling in-love with the younger Carrie Bradshaw is easy.

The story begins with the usual High School environment with the MEAN girls, the nerd, the love story, the love angle, etc. Although a bit cliche, I think the success of the book (and The Carrie Diaries Series) is mainly because teenagers can easily relate to the characters themselves. And there's redemption (for some of the characters) before the story ended. I can't say much for the TV Series because I haven't seen it. But looking forward to watching it with daughter in the near future.

Now I can't wait to read--- Summer and The City! :)