NEW RESTO ALERT: Ichiba Japanese Market

Ichiba Japanese Market is a newly opened restaurant at Newport Mall in Pasay City. I was excited to try it since we love Japanese food but the place is just too far (I live in Manila). Luckily, the opportunity to dine came up when we accompanied my aunt and uncle to the airport.


(Kuromon) Ichiba is a famous market in Osaka, Japan and to save cost, the "market" was brought here to us in Manila. What's interesting here in Ichiba is that you can actually choose or even catch your own food (seafood, rather).

The kids and the kids-at-heart will enjoy checking out the fishies, clammies, and sebastian and friends at the "aquarium" area.


Here's what I like though --- Paiten Ramen set with karaage. This is a half serving of ramen. The noodles are chewy (al dente) which I like and the broth is creamy and salted lightly. The ajitsuke tamago is perfect although it would be nicer (I think) if the yolk is orange-y (but that's just me). I wasn't able to eat the karaage though because we ordered tons of other dishes that I am quite full already by the time my ramen was served. Reason to go back! Hehe


Daughter ordered the Gyudon. I had a tiny bite (sans rice) and I love it! Think bacon-beef. It is best to eat the gyudon as soon as it is served because the beef will still be crispy by then. Yum! Avoid taking pics for more than 5 minutes because the egg will also harden.


We love takoyaki and maybe I was expecting that its going to be mind-blowing so I was a bit disappointed when it turned out to be the opposite. I mean, if you've tried the ones at Hana's in Little Tokyo or you've eaten takoyaki in Japan, you'll know what I mean.



Will be updating this post for the other dishes that we ordered so do drop by again. :)




the kitchen goddess