Pegi Waffles: More Than Just Waffles

Pegi Waffles has been around for ages. I mean, they've been around since the late 90's although they don't have any more branches in the malls. We've been a fan of their waffles way back then but I didn't know that their store in P. Guevara is still open until I got invited to attend their food tasting courtesy of ZomatoPh.


I didn't have to think twice about accepting the invitation since I used to love their waffles. I know the taste by heart. Promise. Also, I'm curious about their cafe.




These are the famous dessert waffles (from top - clockwise) Pegi's Classic (with gelato), Salted-Caramel Waffle, Banana-Cookie Butter Waffle, and Choco-Almond Waffle. Their bestseller is the salted-caramel but all flavors are delish!


Fried Puff Cheese Ravioli, P220. I love these cheese ravioli and the tomato salsa. The salsa adds some punch and flavor to the already yummy cheese ravioli. Its like you're expecting something to happen but there's still a surprise as soon as the burst of salsa flavors blends with the cheese.


Beef Salpicao, P350. Beef is always love! And the fried rice looks so good, I can't help but drool ... hahaha. So sorry I stopped eating rice.



Shrimp Fettuccine, P195. Thick and freshly made pasta- yum!


Spinach Ravioli, P220. Healthy and filling ravioli. Best eaten as soon as the waiter serves your plate though. The ravioli tends to harden up because it took us ages to finish taking photos. Good for sharing.



Creamy Carbonara, P195. Believe in thy name! I mean, this is the creamiest carbonara in town. You have to visit Pegi Waffle and order this if you're a carbonara-freak like me. :)



Scones, with clotted cream and jam. The scones are really perfect on their own, but adding a generous pat of clotted cream makes it divine.




They also sell waffles, pastries, and the divine-tasting clotted cream.




Pegi Waffle
(in front of Rustan's Fresh)
P. Guevara Street,
San Juan City