Hubby's Birthday Dinner at Sentro 1771

Hubby recently celebrated his birthday dinner at Sentro 1771 with his best buddies in college. It's an informal family/friends dinner so having some good ol' Filipino comfort food is very much welcomed.


Chorizo Rolls. I've been a fan of this delicious tasting chorizo rolls ever since I tasted it a few years back. Everyone love this including the birthday boy himself. Best paired with a bottle of super cold San Mig Light according to him.


For us ladies, we opted for the Sago at Gulaman. This refreshing summer drink is refillable. A bit on the sweet side but then, the restaurant use "panocha" instead of sugar.


Kare-Kare. A celebration won't be complete without kare-kare. This is a hands-down winner. The ox tripe was very tender that you need not chew. The peanut sauce was also very good. This is one of the few times that I wish I still eat rice- haha.


Camote Cups. I always had an Anton Ego moment whenever I eat this dish because it really tasted similar to the "lumpiang hubad" that my mother used to make, even the sauce! The camote 'cups' itself are boiled so it can be eaten as well.


Sinigang na Corned Beef. This is Sentro 1771's specialty. They make the corned beef themselves so one is assured of freshness. Before the dish is serve, the waiter will approach your table with a cup of broth. You can request for a more sour or mild tasting or even sour spicy broth according to your own taste. Thumbs up!


Bagoong Fried Rice. I can't say much about the taste but this was wiped out. I think everyone liked it. ;)


Arroz ala Cubana. This is similar to paella except that it has bananas. A grew up eating this and I'm happy that daughter enjoyed this. I think this is her first time to eat this rice dish. Yummy, according to daughter.


So here's us, with hubby's college friends and their families. Happy birthday !!!