Kogi Bulgogi Introduces The Ssam Wrap

Hello Ssam, Nice To Meet You !!!
 
I'm a neophyte when it comes to Kogi Bulgogi although I've already seen its branches at the Lucky Chinatown Mall (LCM) and Promenade in Greenhills. So when I was invited to attend SSam Wrap food tasting, I did not hesitate to send in my RSVP.


Our food tasting venue was at the Gateway Mall branch and I think its one of their latest branch. I love the interiors, its very relaxing and comfy. It makes me want to stay there for a long time. 




As with other Korean restaurants, there's refillable banchans. I specifically liked the caramelized "dilis" and the glazed potatoes.


Dak Gui Ssam or Chicken Ssam. Grilled chicken in barbeque marinade. Yummerz!The chicken was perfectly grilled and tasted so good that I just had to pair it with rice. But I did wrap a piece or two in lettuce and added some of the paste (the spicy and the salty one) and added some radish before making "subo," to quote someone. 


Suygogi Gui Ssam or Beef Ssam. So I like the chicken ... now I love the beef! The meat was flavorful although I think its a bit dry. Just like the chicken, I wanted to pair this with rice. Luckily, a bowl of kimchi rice was delivered to our table.


Bo Ssam or Pork Ssam. I love this too! OMG. Btw, these are thin slices of pork that's deep fried. Its crispy and greatly reminds me of my fave lechon kawali. However, I find this a bit tricky to wrap in lettuce so I just munched on it while eating lettuce. Btw, this goes well with the Lemon Soju that's on the menu. ;)


Overall, I enjoyed my Ssam Wrap experience at Kogi Bulgogi. What I like about it was the fact that the meat was already grilled when brought to the table so no need to cook, just concentrate on eating. Thumbs up! Looking forward to visiting the restaurant again soon- with my family. :)


Here's the step-by-step guide to Ssam Wrap:





Kogi Bulgogi has an array of other Korean dishes as well and I've tried the beancurd soup, and a noodle soup, fried chicken and bibimbap. Stay tuned for the next food review.

You can also visit Kogi Bulgogi's FB Page here for more details, updates and exciting promotions.