Yoshinoya's 4th Gyudon Eating Challenge

On its 4th year now, Yoshinoya brings once again its famous Yoshinoya Gyudon Challenge. This famous dish originated way back around 1800 in Japan. Gyu stands for beef while don is the short form of donburi which refers to food on top of rice and serve in a bowl.



This delicious dish if made from juicy beef strips in a mild sweet sauce made from fish and seaweed stock and rice wine. Cooked in a pan with onions and then placed on top of steaming hot rice. Itadakimasu!


Mr. Timothy James Yang, President of Century Pacific Group welcomes the bloggers to the qualifying round of the Gyudon Eating Challenge, Bloggers Edition. Winner from the bloggers group will compete with winners from print and TV media groups, upon which a winner will be declared.

***The Yoshinoya Gyudon eating contest  is open to all male and female who are 18 years old and above. Qualifying rounds will be held daily from Monday to Friday beginning April 21 to May 30. At stake are cash prizes worth P225K including trip to Japan. For more details, you may get in touch with the nearest Yoshinoya branch near you.


Blogger's Elimination Round- We were all given two bowls each of gyudon. Bowls of gyudon were replenished as soon as one finishes a bowl.


Mr. Timothy Yan happily cheers us to eat fast, eat fast!


That's me trying to "daintily" wolf down my gyudon. Hahaha. I mean, I'm such a slow eater that winning an eating contest is surreal. But I did try my best to finish my food although I wasn't able to touch my second bowl.


My, my... look at that empty bowls!


And here's the winner for the blogger edition- Mr. Ruel Umali. Wishing you more power in eating bowlfuls of gyudon during the face-off with the winner from TV and print media. Aja! ;)



*** all photos were taken using Kata i3