My Top Faves At Sentro 1771

Sentro 1771 is one of the restaurants that promotes Filipino cuisine. It has been around for a long time and is a nice place to treat Balikbayans or anytime that you're craving for good ol' Filipino comfort food.




Their branch in Serendra is one of the pioneers in that area and is quite spacious. It is also very easy to find as it is just across Fully Booked (daughter's happy place). I love the open kitchen, too as I find it interesting to watch how the food is being prepared.


The following are my top 6 (+1 since I can't decide which dessert I love best) favorites at Sentro 1771:

Spring Rolls with Chorizo Bits. I am not really fond of chorizo but this one changed my mind. I love its un-chorizo tastes! Haha. Kidding aside, this is really a great appetizer and I love the way it is presented. And if you're wondering about the "newspaper", they had it specially printed and it also absorbs the excess oil- not that its oily, mind you. No need to worry about ink seeping into your food. ;)


Corned Beef Sinigang. Do I really say why I love this? Hmmm ... I love sinigang and the corned beef twist is what made it special. Did I mention that they cure their own corned beef? Shhhh, that's a secret!


Lamb Caldereta. Another favorite. Daughter loves this, too. Meat is very tender and flavorful but not overly spicy. Extra rice please!


Seafood Fried Rice. This is similar to the Thai fried rice and is a meal by itself. Very generous toppings also. Thumbs up! Super huge serving, good for 3-4 pax.


Camote Cups. Because I love my veggies and this greatly reminds me of my "nanay's" lumpiang hubad including the dipping sauce. I had a Ratatouille moment.


Quezo Flan. Don't expect this to be sweet because its not. To eat this, you have to get the flan, then top it with egg and cheese then eat. Oh-la-la ...


Suman with Mangoes. Okay. I love suman with mangoes. And that's coconut syrup. Yummers!



Sentro 1771
Serendra, BGC
Taguig City


Sentro 1771
2L Greenbelt 3
Makati City