What's A Croughnut?

I've been hearing a lot of good things about cronuts, croughnuts, or whatever its spelling are but it was only last week that I got to try one. I mean, I'm not really that fond of doughnuts and croissant so I didn't rush to the bakeshop like everybody else. But thanks to Ola for introducing me and daughter to Le Coeur de France' croughnut even if I'm craving for ramen that time we went to Shang Plaza. And because she's like my elder sister (and you know how an elder sister is), she got to choose where to eat. :P



Parmesan Croughnut. There are three flavors available but we all ordered this. Happy to say that this is not that sweet and I like the parmesan cheese, and it is baked so its not oily. But its chewy so I don't know what happened to the croissant part of this hybrid pastry. I really can't compare with the other famous and infamous cronuts because I'm a cake and chocolate person.

*** But who knows, and I'm not closing my door to cronuts so please feel free to send me some. ;)


ps 1 ..

The muffins at Le Coeur de France are l-o-v-e!


ps 2 ...

Read this from The Philippine Daily Inquirer --- 12 Cronuts Copycats with Grandma in Tow by Pam Pastor