Starstruck With Coke Bolipata

I watched Boses, The Movie at the Podium earlier and aside from meeting Direk Ellen Ongkeko, we were also treated to a night of music from two of Casa San Miguel's prodigies- Julian Duque and Joseph; both of whom have a starring role in the indie film.

But I'm not going to talk about the film- yet. Let me just share how starstruck I am to meet Mr. Coke Bolipata of the famous Bolipata Brothers.



I grew up listening to classical music especially the violin since my father used to play it when he was alive so I enjoyed very much the small performance earlier. As for Mr. Coke Bolipata, we've met years ago. Or rather, I talked to him on the phone years ago to badger him about his curriculum vitae. I was working for Ms. Abaya of RPN 9 that time and was in the research department. I was in charge of pre-screening Artists for the show. Meeting him in person tonight brought back so many happy and wonderful memories of my first job, and my fondness of violin music.